Beginning Fall 2018, our college district is now offering the Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise, a free year of tuition at Grossmont or Cuyamaca colleges for first-time students, as the result of the passage of Assembly Bill 19.
This is an exciting time for our district and for community colleges across California. Although many of our students already pay little or no fees, the Promise will open doors to college for many more students who have not been able to pursue higher education. With about 40% of our high school graduates not moving directly on to college, our College Promise can transform the lives of thousands of students through the years and vastly improve the East County community.
In order for a student to participate in the Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise and receive one-year tuition-free, students meet the following requirements:
– Be a first-time college student (California resident or AB540 eligible)
– Sign the Promise pledge
– Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act Application
– Complete the college on-boarding process (Application, Orientation, Assessment, and Education Plan)
– Attend as a full-time student (at least 12 units per semester)
– Maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher to remain eligible for spring semester
For more information, please visit Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise and review the Frequently Asked Questions. Be sure to tell your friends and neighbors about the Promise!